Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Want to Go from OK to Awesome?

Thank you Corey for posting this honest comment.  It is wonderful to see that you are being sparked and engaged by this movement.  You speak for many of our readers who are struggling with the same question;
"I know it's not good to be critical of ourselves to the degree that many of us are.  However, isn't self improvement something we should all be striving for, each day of our lives?  I'm not saying that we're not good as we are, but I think that recognizing our innate power to achieve higher heights is one of the things that makes us great.  We have, and should want to exercise, the ability to change ourselves from ok to awesome."
I'm so grateful to Corey for being honest and saying aloud the concerns many people have in the back of their mind's when they hear " Be Kind to Yourself".  It is the challenge of our old way of thinking which says that we need to get more, do more, be more- essentially the result of the core belief, "I am not enough."  Oh yes, I know that one very well.  Been there, done that and I have the tee shirt to prove it :)  I remember clinging to those beliefs even though they clearly didn't work.  It was completely innocent but I had no idea such a belief was running my life.  Thinking that the only way I'd continue to find progress in my life was to berate or criticize myself only fed the core problem- I was disconnected from the true me- the core of who I am that already is everything I think I need to become.  I was never just 'ok' and neither are you.  Hear that?  There is a core within each of us that already is everything that we think we need to become.

The question Corey poses is how do we make sure we are always striving to go "from ok to awesome" and BKTY says you  already are awesome Corey.  You just didn't know it, haven't seen it consistently yet, perhaps are even afraid of your own awesome-ness.  Be kind to yourself does not mean that you remain stagnant and never grow.  In fact, if you try it you'll find that this has just the opposite effect.  You change everything within yourself that stands in the way of expressing your awesomeness.  And you make those changes from Love, from Kindness, because your sole motivation is an understanding that Awesome is what seeks to be expressed as you.

Here's the fact that our critical, judgmental egos want us to ignore:  When I change myself with Love and Kindness, the changes are positive and empowering.  When I change myself by nagging, making myself stupid or thinking that I need 'fixing', the changes are negative and self-defeating.

So Be Kind to Yourself and see how you thrive and grow.  Thanks again Corey, and y'all keep sending in the feedback - it's delicious to be engaged!

Love ya,
Rev. Sala




BKTY
Be Kind to Yourself Movement
www.BKTY.info

Inspiring the world to make the shift from self-criticism to 
Radical Self Love and Compassion







3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for addressing this. The common belief is that the only way we progress is if we believe we're not good enough...yet. "Maybe one day, but not yet." And that idea of not being "good enough" will motivate us to strive for more. The problem is, we never reach that state of being "good enough." We perpetually chase it. Never claiming it because the story we keep telling ourselves begins to define our very existence - we're still not enough. It's when we believe we are enough that we thrive. Let's live that story instead. Can you imagine what a world that would look like? Talk about evolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we truly believe we ARE awesome - than it's natural that we will put that awesomeness into practice.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE it when you weigh in Val :) Thank you so much for helping to bring that point home- for all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments here...