Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

Hey folks!  Today is Day 1 of our BKTY 10 day Challenge and I am completely psyched!  You all probably have your eBooks by now.  If you don't have one, click here to pop over to the site and grab one.


You'll get a kick out of the way the universe called me into living today's challenge.  Here I am the ring leader of this whole movement, right?  And I'm supposed to be conscious every minute and catch my own self criticism and judgment, right?  And certainly always living the message, right?  Well, the Universe said, “Not so much today sweetie".  

I wake up this morning, stretch, do my meditation and bowing practice, feeling energized, embodied and amazing.  And I go into the bathroom to wash my face but first I  look up into the mirror.  Ofcourse I knew that today we are practicing engaging ourselves in the mirror with eye contact and extending an authentic smile to ourselves.  So I intended to smile as if it were the first time- you know, the way I encourage everyone else to do it.  

Wouldn't you know it, I had eye contact in the mirror and my attention was instantly hijacked by a plump, juicy zit.  Yep, right on the bridge of my nose, right between the eyes!  If that isn't a grain of sand in my spiritual oyster shell I don't what is. I’ll be honest with you, my knee jerk reaction was not so conscious and kind to myself.  Nope, for a second there I just exclaimed, "Where the heck did that come from?"


But here's how I make a pearl with every grain of sand; I caught my own gaze again, hear myself and burst out laughing.  Humor is healing.  I can't take myself too seriously and neither should you.  Or we risk ending up in that old ego grip of self judgment again and we get no pearl, no truth about who we really are.  You see?  So I LOL’ed at myself and then I got back on the horse.  Looking into these baby brown eyes and smiling at who- not what- I saw in the mirror.


“Your reflection does not define your worth!”

Yes, I know today's challenge won't be easy for most of us.  So just let it out.  LOL, holler or jump up and down.  And then re-engage yourself, your own reflection and extend that smile to yourself.

Post a comment and tell us how it felt for you today.  Please don't leave me hanging out here!


Make your pearl today,
Rev. Sala





4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post. It was very helpful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this, how do I download your book please- I am a bit late for the challenge tho I would like to do it, tx a a mill, kristabelle22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same question, even though I'm apparently even later :) Is there a link in the blog to download this? I've been trying to pick this up but I guess I'm just too general in my approach. I think the challenge setup would be a great motivator.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm so glad you appreciate this! You can still get the free ebook on our website www.BKTY.info. Just enter your email address and it will be sent to you.

    Hope to hear from you again soon :)
    Sala

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments here...